TAS and TNS equivalents in Solomani Space? Christine Mayfeld (24 Jul 2014 18:28 UTC)
Re: [TML] TAS and TNS equivalents in Solomani Space? Bruce Johnson (24 Jul 2014 19:02 UTC)
Re: [TML] TAS and TNS equivalents in Solomani Space? Christine Mayfeld (24 Jul 2014 19:46 UTC)

On Jul 24, 2014, at 11:27 AM, Christine Mayfeld <xxxxxx@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Travellers!
>
> Sorry if this has been addressed before, is there a way to browse the list archives on the simplelists website? Anyway...
>

> Just received a gift of a couple of the old Judge's Guild CT supplements (Crucis Margin, Drakne Station and Simba Safari) from some friends and I've decided to do a campaign in CT, probably set in the Solomani Confederation.
>
> Had a quick question for the experts out there, since my past games have been set in the Spinward Marches. Are there any "canon" equivalents of the TAS and TNS (Traveller News Service) in the Confederation? I always had the impression that those two services operate mainly within the actual 3rd Imperium, and assumed the Confederation (and other states, like the Zhodani, Aslan, etc) had similar operations for their citizens, but don't know where to look for details.

It’s non-Canon now but the old MT (pretty sure it was DGP??) supplement "Solomani and Aslan” (aka ‘Rats and Cats’) has some cultural info like that in it. The Solomani sphere was always presented as more totalitarian than the Imperium; I expect that their version of TNS is much more akin to Pravda.

It’s been years since I looked it up; I’ll dig it out tonight, see what it has.

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona