EmDrive test ... somewhat successful Jeffrey Schwartz (01 Aug 2014 16:39 UTC)
RE: [TML] EmDrive test ... somewhat successful Anthony Jackson (01 Aug 2014 18:04 UTC)
Re: [TML] EmDrive test ... somewhat successful Bruce Johnson (01 Aug 2014 18:14 UTC)
Re: [TML] EmDrive test ... somewhat successful Jeffrey Schwartz (01 Aug 2014 19:01 UTC)
Re: [TML] EmDrive test ... somewhat successful Bruce Johnson (01 Aug 2014 20:01 UTC)
Re: [TML] EmDrive test ... somewhat successful shadow@xxxxxx (03 Aug 2014 18:52 UTC)
Re: [TML] EmDrive test ... somewhat successful Richard Aiken (04 Aug 2014 10:48 UTC)
Re: [TML] EmDrive test ... somewhat successful Ian Whitchurch (04 Aug 2014 22:24 UTC)
Re: [TML] EmDrive test ... somewhat successful Bruce Johnson (04 Aug 2014 22:47 UTC)

On Aug 1, 2014, at 12:01 PM, Jeffrey Schwartz <xxxxxx@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dunno, read that more as
>
> "Fully configured Corvette engine produced thrust.  Engine that we
> built w/o exhaust manifold, air cleaner, water pump also produced
> thrust”

Sadly the article provides no such detail. However they DID state that the null test device was specifically made to NOT produce thrust. Strictly speaking the above articles are not required to run an internal combustion engine. Hence my spark plug analogy.

> Remember the only difference on the expected non-functional was the
> shape of the interior of the cavity - there could have still been some
> effect.

Not correct. The only statement regarding the structure of the 'test article' was this:

"Specifically, one test article contained internal physical modifications that were designed to produce thrust, while the other did not (with the latter being referred to as the "null" test article). “

This is so nonspecific as to leave it entirely open to speculation.

Depends on the kind of stainless steel <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stainless_steel#Electricity_and_magnetism>

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona