Because Britain won't be a major power... Bruce Johnson (01 Oct 2014 21:56 UTC)
Re: [TML] Because Britain won't be a major power... Jeffrey Schwartz (02 Oct 2014 13:11 UTC)
Re: [TML] Because Britain won't be a major power... Phil Pugliese (02 Oct 2014 19:26 UTC)
Re: [TML] Because Britain won't be a major power... Michael Houghton (02 Oct 2014 23:11 UTC)

Re: [TML] Because Britain won't be a major power... Jeffrey Schwartz 02 Oct 2014 13:10 UTC

On Thu, Oct 2, 2014 at 12:55 AM, Tim <xxxxxx@little-possums.net> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 01, 2014 at 09:56:21PM +0000, Bruce Johnson wrote:
>> …until they can lithobrake their own mars probes:
>>
>> <http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/sep/30/david-cameron-schools-should-teach-mainly-in-imperial-measurements>

> I guess in the Imperium, this sort of espousing the teaching of native
> idiosyncratic measurements might result in a discreet visit from
> representatives of the Office of Calendar Compliance.  Except of
> course that the names may well be reversed.  Would the official system
> of the Third Imperium be called Imperial measurements?

I'd guess there'd be two major measurement systems: Vilani and Solomani
I'm not sure which the Syleans would have adopted, and thus would be
the "primary" for the 3I... everything in the books being metric
implies Solomani.

But I can see a cogedy old Vilani man, with a cane, yelling "Get off
my lawn! Stupid kids, using those meter sticks when they should be
using <insert term here> because that is _traditional!_"