Re: Naval Scout/Couriers Re: [TML] Why do those big ships carry so many fighters? Kurt Feltenberger 10 Oct 2014 14:30 UTC

On 10/10/2014 10:21 AM, Jeffrey Schwartz wrote:
>> >1. Is the 100-dton size of the legacy Type-S a hard-and-fast limit to ship
>> >size?  If not, what is the largest ship that would be acceptable for service
>> >in this multi-mission role?
> I'd think the_preference_  would be 100 d-tons so the new ones would
> fit where there are already Type-S's carried.
> I think they'd accept that the requirements might prevent that.

Given how Traveller does hangars and such, you're pretty much committed
to the same shape and displacement unless there's some form of external
universal grapple involved.

--
Kurt Feltenberger
xxxxxx@thepaw.org/xxxxxx@yahoo.com