Re: [TML] CT LBB5 HG 1st ed (c)1979 - Jump Governor Evyn MacDude 27 Oct 2014 06:23 UTC

On Sun, Oct 26, 2014 at 10:31 PM,  <xxxxxx@comcast.net> wrote:

> LBB 2 1st edition didn't worry about tech levels for anything ship related.
> LBB 3 is where the tech levels get mentioned and I'm sad to say was
> something I missed. The only mention of tech levels in LBB 2 2nd edition is
> in the computer table. LBB 5 HG both editions are where tech levels are
> right  in your face.

Yes Kinda, in that they limit the ships built with that rules set, and
yet also states that ships built with Book 2 are valid as well. Book 2
well the Tech Level tables in the basic set limit drive not by
performance but by which drive can be built. For Example Drives A
through D are tech level 9.

> I have a small problem with the TL 10 availability of the jump governor
> since in HG the maximum jump is one parsec. A jump drive of two parsecs is
> available at TL 11. To further complicate matters LBB 3 2nd edition page 15
> Technological Levels has drive letters A-D available at TL 9. Checking the
> Maximum Drive Potential Table in LBB 2 a 100-ton hull using a Jump Drive
> letter D can jump six parsecs which if I'm reading the table on page 17 of
> LBB 3 means a TL 9 ship can make a six parsec jump.

Which if I read a little close one before I hit reply I would have
noticed. That is a C drive you are thinking of.

Try this on for size, what if both rules are correct? If you really
look at the details the two systems really apply to different size
classes of ships, mostly. Just looking at the combat systems base
level of detail and you will see what I mean.

> By the way I want to say thank you for the continued discussions we're
> having (goes for everyone else too)

My CT Book 2 questions are How much damage dose Plasma, Fusion and
Particle weapons do?

--
Evyn