Traveller: The New Era Timeline Jeff Zeitlin (05 Apr 2023 23:57 UTC)
Re: [TML] Traveller: The New Era Timeline Ewan (06 Apr 2023 00:09 UTC)
Re: [TML] Traveller: The New Era Timeline Rupert Boleyn (06 Apr 2023 00:21 UTC)
Re: [TML] Traveller: The New Era Timeline David Johnson (06 Apr 2023 01:03 UTC)
Re: [TML] Traveller: The New Era Timeline Ewan (06 Apr 2023 12:53 UTC)
Re: [TML] Traveller: The New Era Timeline Jeff Zeitlin (06 Apr 2023 19:43 UTC)

Re: [TML] Traveller: The New Era Timeline Rupert Boleyn 06 Apr 2023 00:21 UTC

On 06Apr2023 1157, Jeff Zeitlin - editor at freelancetraveller.com (via
tml list) wrote:
> I'm trying to clean up what is clearly an early draft of a RICE Paper that
> was never revised into final form, and the question has arisen of when the
> Aslan Ihatei moved into the rimward subsectors of the Spinward Marches and
> took control of Glisten. I can't find anything that dates the conquest, not
> even something of questionable canonicity. Can anyone point me to some
> high-reliability information?
/Keepers of the Flame/ doesn't seem to give any dates, and says that
"Glisten was the site of extensive ihatei intrusion, but unlike many
such systems, the Aslan presence was completely rooted out".

1132 is given as the date for the 'fiats accompli', where the Aslan
inside the Regencies' boundaries were accepted as legitimate holders of
the lands they had, so either Glisten wasn't included in that, or the
Aslan were thrown out before then.

I think it's extremely unlikely that any occupation of Glisten happened
after then, because after 1130 there's no longer any source of ihatei -
the ones already there have land, the ones outside the quarantine aren't
coming in (and are probably all dead anyway).

--
Rupert Boleyn <xxxxxx@gmail.com>