some New Scientist snippets which might provoke IDEAS Timothy Collinson (15 Apr 2023 11:36 UTC)
Re: [TML] some New Scientist snippets which might provoke IDEAS Alex Goodwin (15 Apr 2023 13:31 UTC)
Re: [TML] some New Scientist snippets which might provoke IDEAS kaladorn@xxxxxx (02 May 2023 03:02 UTC)
Re: [TML] some New Scientist snippets which might provoke IDEAS Timothy Collinson (02 May 2023 07:50 UTC)
Re: [TML] some New Scientist snippets which might provoke IDEAS kaladorn@xxxxxx (12 May 2023 04:14 UTC)

Re: [TML] some New Scientist snippets which might provoke IDEAS Alex Goodwin 15 Apr 2023 13:30 UTC

On 15/4/23 23:10, David Shaw - tihnessa at gmail.com (via tml list) wrote:
> The Maghiz?
>
> David Shaw
>

> On Sat, 15 Apr 2023, 12:37 Timothy Collinson - timothy.collinson at
> port.ac.uk <http://port.ac.uk> (via tml list), <xxxxxx@simplelists.com>
> wrote:
>

>     Biggest explosion ever keeps baffling astronomers, Leah Crane, p.19
>
>     the BOAT (brightest of all time) event GRB221009A – more energy
>     than the entire sun being converted into pure energy – but models
>     to explain it are failing.arXiv, doi.org/j4dp
>     <http://doi.org/j4dp> and doi.org/j4dr <http://doi.org/j4dr>
>
>     -what have the PCs been up to now?

Almost has the hallmarks of PC involvement, now I think about it - "Hold
my beer!", thing A goes wrong, careening into thing B, which cascades
into thing C - it was all fun and games until some git detonated a star.

Alex