AI in Traveller products (including fanzines) Jeff Zeitlin (20 Aug 2023 19:55 UTC)
Re: [TML] AI in Traveller products (including fanzines) Jeff Zeitlin (20 Aug 2023 21:29 UTC)

On Sun, 20 Aug 2023 15:55:05 -0400, I wrote:

>Notwithstanding any comments and agreements in specific websites, it
>appears that art generated by AIs such as Wombo, NightCafe, Artbreeder,
>DALL*E, et multae ceterae, may not be copyrightable, according to an
>article in The Hollywood Reporter [1].

:
:
:

>[1] https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/business/business-news/ai-works-not-copyrightable-studios-1235570316/

For those who are interested, the decision can be found at and downloaded
from The Internet Archive; see
https://ia801401.us.archive.org/14/items/gov.uscourts.dcd.243956/gov.uscourts.dcd.243956.24.0.pdf
(The Hollywood Reporter article embeds it from ScribD, which requires
membership to download, e.g., for off-line reading. Legally, there is no
copyright on governmental public documents (from any jurisdiction within
the United States) such as court opinions and orders; you may freely
download, copy, and reprint/republish the originals without restriction
provided that the originals themselves are not of legally restricted
distribution (e.g., classified, or designated NOFORN).)

®Traveller is a registered trademark of
Far Future Enterprises, 1977-2022. Use of
the trademark in this notice and in the
referenced materials is not intended to
infringe or devalue the trademark.

--
Jeff Zeitlin, Editor
Freelance Traveller

Freelance Traveller extends its thanks to the following
enterprises for hosting services:

onCloud/CyberWeb Enterprises (http://www.oncloud.io)
The Traveller Downport (http://www.downport.com)