Alternate Jump Fuel Concept Richard Aiken (05 Oct 2023 10:01 UTC)
Re: [TML] Alternate Jump Fuel Concept Rupert Boleyn (05 Oct 2023 11:03 UTC)
Re: [TML] Alternate Jump Fuel Concept Phil Pugliese (10 Oct 2023 21:53 UTC)
RE: [TML] Alternate Jump Fuel Concept michael.fischer.bonn@xxxxxx (05 Oct 2023 11:46 UTC)
Re: [TML] Alternate Jump Fuel Concept Richard Aiken (06 Oct 2023 06:12 UTC)

Re: [TML] Alternate Jump Fuel Concept Rupert Boleyn 05 Oct 2023 11:03 UTC

On 05Oct2023 2301, Richard Aiken - raikenclw at gmail.com (via tml list)
wrote:

> Some while back, it was brought to my attention that simply chilling
> hydrogen until it liquefies it 99.999+% chemically pure. So the canon
> "unrefined" vs "refined" jump fuel makes no sense.

In some versions the text implies 'unrefined' means 'water, methane, or
similar with most of the foreign objects filtered out'. 'Refining' means
cracking it into hydrogen rather than just using water, methane,
ammonia, etc. (most of which actually store hydrogen in a more compact
form, though with a *huge* mass penalty).

--
Rupert Boleyn <xxxxxx@gmail.com>