Re: [TML] Paging Mr Zeitlen, Mr Zeitlen to the yellow curtsey phone please. Freelance Traveller (13 Jun 2015 15:00 UTC)

Re: [TML] Paging Mr Zeitlen, Mr Zeitlen to the yellow curtsey phone please. Freelance Traveller 13 Jun 2015 14:59 UTC

On Sat, 13 Jun 2015 07:32:53 -0700, Allen Waddell
<xxxxxx@gmail.com> wrote:

>If I were Jeff I certainly would.  However, not being Jeff I feel it my
>duty to tell you he won't be answering.  Perhaps Jeff needs to verify his
>email address?

I've responded to Andrea off-list.

Often, my not responding is simply a matter of too much hands on my time
[read that carefully; I didn't make an error] coupled with letting
things slip through the cracks ["I'll do it later; I'm too beat right
now/I need to get this Other Thing done/I need a break/etc."]. It's a
bad habit to get into, and I'm trying [with limited success] to break
it.

Also, those of you who have an address for me at either the domain
"cyburban.com" or "lanline.com": while those addresses (really the same
one) still work, and I still get the mail from them, they're not checked
regularly. You are better off trying to get me at GMail
(xxxxxx@gmail.com) or at Freelance Traveller
(xxxxxx@freelancetraveller.com), both of which are checked at least
daily.

Yahoo users please note: My preferred address for outgoing mail is
Freelance Traveller. However, the way Yahoo! has implemented DMARC means
that mail coming from the Freelance Traveller mail server may be
identified as spam, and dropped on the floor without notice to you, just
like they do with non-Yahoo!-hosted mailing lists that haven't
implemented the "Yahoo! hack". If you don't get a response within a
reasonable length of time, and you're on Yahoo!, this *may* be why. It's
a Yahoo! problem that they have made a policy decision that they are not
going to fix; their attitude is "we've got a free list-hosting service
that doesn't have that problem, so just use it, instead".

--
Jeff Zeitlin, Editor
Freelance Traveller

xxxxxx@freelancetraveller.com
http://www.freelancetraveller.com
http://freelancetraveller.downport.com/

®Traveller is a registered trademark of
Far Future Enterprises, 1977-2014. Use of
the trademark in this notice and in the
referenced materials is not intended to
infringe or devalue the trademark.

Freelance Traveller extends its thanks to the following
enterprises for hosting services:

CyberNET Web Hosting (http://www.cyberwebhosting.net)
The Traveller Downport (http://www.downport.com)