Persistent fellow, springboard for ideas.... Bruce Johnson (07 Feb 2016 23:02 UTC)
Re: [TML] Persistent fellow, springboard for ideas.... Greg Chalik (08 Feb 2016 09:18 UTC)
Re: [TML] Persistent fellow, springboard for ideas.... Jeffrey Schwartz (08 Feb 2016 17:38 UTC)
Re: [TML] Persistent fellow, springboard for ideas.... Bruce Johnson (08 Feb 2016 20:54 UTC)
Re: [TML] Persistent fellow, springboard for ideas.... Kelly St. Clair (08 Feb 2016 21:10 UTC)
Re: [TML] Persistent fellow, springboard for ideas.... Jeffrey Schwartz (08 Feb 2016 21:17 UTC)

Re: [TML] Persistent fellow, springboard for ideas.... Jeffrey Schwartz 08 Feb 2016 17:38 UTC

On Sun, Feb 7, 2016 at 6:02 PM, Bruce  Johnson
<xxxxxx@pharmacy.arizona.edu> wrote:
> This noble/patron is apparently trying to contact the tml for some PC’s willing to carry out his no doubt nefarious deeds…This is the fourth one of his I’ve blocked. :-)
>

> "Hi Friend,
>
> I am Sir Jonathan Stephen Cunliffe, deputy governor, financial stability BOE. I have an interesting offer worth huge amount to share with you. If interested, revert back to my personal e-mail: [redacted] for more details.
>
> Regards,
>
> Sir. Jonathan S. Cunliffe”
>
> “The PC’s receive an unsolicited XBoat mail asking for their aid…”
>
> I’d continue, however, I have no frigging clue what a ‘financial stability BOE’ is….

That would be the "Financial Stability team at the Bank of Efate"

In the years leading up to the 5th Frontier War, Ine Givar terrorists
exploited a number of methods to try to destabilize Efate, so that the
Imperium would be hampered in efforts to defend when the Zho finally
attacked.
The Bank of Efate found itself having issues with loans to local
businesses - especially start ups - defaulting due to Ine Givar
attacks. The bank would loan out money, the new company would build
various facilities... which would then burn down in the middle of the
night.

While the insurance would usually cover it, insuring these loans came
at higher and higher prices. By late 1106/early 1107, the BOE would
often self-insure, but in these cases would hire guards to protect the
capital investment from IG set fires.
By mid-1107, the BOE had realized it was more cost effective to hire
small merc units to preemptively hunt down and "terminally dissuade IG
kinetic business practices."

At this point, however, the 3I had snapped up most available merc
units as part of the Provisional Army based on Efate, and the BOE was
left to hiring small groups of "Gentlesophont Adventurers" to service
this role.