Re: [TML]Tracking spaceships in Jump TU, was: Instant city Jeffrey Schwartz (15 Feb 2016 14:43 UTC)
Re: [TML]Tracking spaceships in Jump TU, was: Instant city Richard Aiken (15 Feb 2016 17:36 UTC)
Re: [TML]Tracking spaceships in Jump TU, was: Instant city Jeffrey Schwartz (15 Feb 2016 20:36 UTC)

Re: [TML]Tracking spaceships in Jump TU, was: Instant city Jeffrey Schwartz 15 Feb 2016 20:35 UTC

On Mon, Feb 15, 2016 at 12:36 PM, Richard Aiken <xxxxxx@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 15, 2016 at 9:42 AM, Jeffrey Schwartz
> <xxxxxx@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Yeah, I remember it on this email list.
>>

>> It kinda looks like T5 supports that, and further supports a more reusable
>> design than inflatable balloons
>

> If the issue is being not big enough at the *exit* point, couldn't you carry
> a small amount of extra fuel, which could be squirted out into an "emergence
> bubble" just as you cross the boundary, thus making your too-small ship
> 100dt in volume for that bare instant?

Because the gas wouldn't be solid?

I'm envisioning this sort of like a boat in rough seas.
It needs to be a certain size to avoid being swamped by the big waves.
Adding "wings" is like closing the tarp over an inflatable lifeboat so
the wave doesn't fill the boat with water.
(see http://www.keishamarine.com/ecatalog/uploads/5f215b06a2_Inflatable-%28A%29-Pack-Liferaft.gif
for the idea I'm trying to get across)

Just pumping out a gas bubble wouldn't keep the "water" out.

That's my interpretation, based on stuff in the T5 Jump rules,
especially the part about "Jump Rumbles" shaking the ship before you
drop out.