Re: [TML] Instant city Phil Pugliese 16 Feb 2016 18:08 UTC

"Sh*t happens" is a common enough occurrence that it'll never go away...

And does "it just happened". Considering how many times I & a lot others have heard that very thing in real life, it'll have to be good enough for useage, sometimes, while role playing.

On Mon, 2/15/16, William Ewing (via tml list) <xxxxxx@simplelists.com> wrote:

 Subject: Re: [TML] Instant city
 To: "xxxxxx@simplelists.com" <xxxxxx@simplelists.com>
 Date: Monday, February 15, 2016, 2:24 PM

 True. But
 "it just happened" isn't good enough. What
 systems do they have to prevent it from happening? How did
 that fail to prevent it? The GM should answer those
 questions when writing the scenario, so that he has a ready
 answer when the players want to use these systems to figure
 out what happened. That does not mean the players get an
 *honest* answer, or the *"real"* one necessarily.
 Otherwise, they can feel railroaded. "You're just
 making our die rolls autofail because you won't let us
 find it".