Re: [TML] Adventure in the Far Future Phil Pugliese 19 Feb 2016 02:28 UTC

I recall a PBS (I believe) documentary about a massive fire in the west loch at Pearl during WWII.
Apparently the loch was used, at that time, to store large numbers of landing craft.

On Thu, 2/18/16, tmr0195@comcast.net <tmr0195@comcast.net> wrote:

 Subject: Re: [TML] Adventure in the Far Future
 To: "TML" <xxxxxx@simplelists.com>
 Date: Thursday, February 18, 2016, 5:32 PM

 Hello
 Grimmund,

 I could have been wrong about the sharks being tigers.
 The boat I was on was temporarily tied up on a rarely used
 area that had some remaining bit of a structure. One of
 the civilian workers told us about an ammo ship blowing up
 and then dropped in something about some type of sharks that
 liked the waters there.

 I was in Pearl from Mid 1976 to mid 1981 and I am
 surprised about getting part of the story right.

 Thank you again.

 Tom R

 From:
 "Grimmund" <xxxxxx@gmail.com>