Re: GM discretion; wasRe: [TML]Tracking spaceships inJump TU, was: Instantcity rupert.boleyn@xxxxxx 19 Feb 2016 20:59 UTC

On 18 Feb 2016 at 21:00, Bruce  Johnson wrote:

> I´ve never played in any game where we actually rolled out skim
> refuelling unless it was being done under fire or with a damaged ship
> or with some other handicap "Your path takes you into the eye wall
> of the great red spot"...

I've never had to ask for a roll for it, as my players consider the entire idea completely
insane. If they need to refuel off-planet they'll spend time faffing around looking for an
ice 'rock' to melt for water rather than skim gas giants.

Apparently having people get crushed in the machinery or their arms cut off by the
ice-cutting laser system is acceptable while getting burned up or crushed inside a gas
giant's atmosphere is not.