Re: [TML]Tracking spaceships in Jump TU, was: Instant city shadow@xxxxxx 19 Feb 2016 22:00 UTC

On 15 Feb 2016 at 7:44, Greg Chalik wrote:

> Phil, it seems to me TU is about what players can imagine, rather
> than what they cannot. Design and designer should not stand in the
> way of that.

Except any sort of rules/design *must* interfer with that.

To use an old explanation about RPGs, they are like the make believe
stuff you did as a kid. Only with rules to stop the arguments about
"I shot you!" "No you didn't!"

So the rules/design set the game. The whole *point* is to work
*within* those limits.

If you aren't willing to do that, then I can just conjure up a
fireball in your control room to take you out while boarding your
ship....

--
Leonard Erickson (aka shadow)
shadow at shadowgard dot com