Speaking of 'The Expanse' Bruce Johnson (23 Feb 2016 18:12 UTC)
Re: [TML] Speaking of 'The Expanse' Greg Chalik (23 Feb 2016 20:27 UTC)
Re: [TML] Speaking of 'The Expanse' Bruce Johnson (23 Feb 2016 20:51 UTC)
Re: [TML] Speaking of 'The Expanse' Greg Chalik (23 Feb 2016 23:04 UTC)

Re: [TML] Speaking of 'The Expanse' Bruce Johnson 23 Feb 2016 20:51 UTC

> On Feb 23, 2016, at 1:27 PM, Greg Chalik <xxxxxx@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Scaling is done as part of the 3D printing process, and any scale can be assigned.

I know that, but my question was actually  "Are these examples an inch long or six inches long?”

The surface detail is kind of meh; it certainly looks at though they simply converted the basic solid models used in creating the CGI to STL files and printed them; most detail in CGI modeling is ‘painted on’ with specialized surface displacement maps and applications. If they’re an inch long (suitable for gaming minis) it’s understandable, if they’re six inches long it’s kind of embarrassingly low-res. Judging from the deposition lines, though these are closer in scale to minis.

I suppooooose [heaves exaggerated teenager sigh] I could download them from Thingiverse and look at the files myself 8-)

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona