Re: [TML] L-Hyd not necessary for jumping & misc.... Jeffrey Schwartz 18 May 2016 16:43 UTC

Well... I've never found anything in canon about the LHyd being vented
to make a bubble.

T5 matches a lot of the LBB-era jump drive descriptions, though, and
does use the "Coil vs Grid" compromise that first came out on this
list. (I'm kinda proud and happy about that)

On the whole, I'm pretty happy with what T5 has the potential to be.
I'm really looking forward to it being properly edited though, and the
redundant charts and pictures cut back to just once, and some of the
5.00 stuff that was removed in making 5.09 put back in.

For example, in 5.00, there's a whole section on modified nuke
dampners being used as "thermal dampners" ... or "kinetic dampners"
Kinetic Dampners are kinda neat - they reduce the speed of incoming objects.
Perfect for preventing your Scout ship from getting perforated by bullets