The saga continues, was Re: [TML] This fits right into the TU esp as the 2I started getting really shaky.. Phil Pugliese 02 Sep 2016 23:10 UTC

[see below]

On Fri, 9/2/16, Bruce Johnson <xxxxxx@Pharmacy.Arizona.EDU> wrote:

 Subject: Re: [TML] This fits right into the TU esp as the 2I started getting really shaky..
 To: "xxxxxx@simplelists.com" <xxxxxx@simplelists.com>
 Date: Friday, September 2, 2016, 1:08 PM

 On Sep 2, 2016, at 7:07 AM, Phil Pugliese (via tml list)
 <xxxxxx@simplelists.com>
 wrote:

 > This email
 was sent from yahoo.com which does not allow forwarding of
 emails via email lists. Therefore the sender's email
 address (xxxxxx@yahoo.com)
 has been replaced with a dummy one. The original message
 follows:

 > Picked this up from DowJones...
 >
 > (This fits right into the TU esp as the 2I started getting really shaky..)
 >
 > Retailers Seek U.S. Help With Shipping
 Crisis

 > U.S.
 retailers, bracing for a blow as they stock up for the
 crucial holiday sales season, asked the government to step
 in and help resolve a growing crisis caused by the
 near-collapse of South Korea's Hanjin Shipping Co., one
 of the world's largest container shipping
 companies.

 This is
 when motley crews of rickety Free traders start showing up
 at the BIG starports offering fast service for
 onesie-twosie shipments of containers that absolutely
 positively have to get there :-) In real life this is a BIG
 DEAL, like affect the worlds economy big deal. There are
 hundreds of thousands of containers on Hanjin ships right
 now that are sitting at sea or detained in port. all
 containing other companies’s property…

 --
 Bruce Johnson

The saga continues;

(I can only just imagine the slo-mo (max J3 at that time) wave of disruption that rippled across the 2I when the Bank of ????? refused to honor another major banks currency)

From DowJones;

Hyundai Merchant Marine, South Korea's second biggest line, is deploying 13 ships to help ease cargo delays caused by the bankruptcy-protection filing of its rival Hanjin Shipping Co. on Wednesday, according to brokers in Asia.
The cargo--most of it destined for the Americas--has been delayed or stranded in the wake of Hanjin's filing. At least one Hanjin ship has been seized in a foreign port and others seizures were imminent, brokers said.
Cargo owners said the disruptions have helped to push up rates from South Korea's main port, Busan, to Los Angeles by $600 per container to $1,700 compared with Monday.
One broker said his office was being flooded with calls from freight forwarders of companies like LG and Samsung trying to find other shipping companies to transport their products to the U.S. and Europe. "We expect freight rates to the U.S. and Europe to continue rising in coming days," that broker said.
A number of Hanjin ships have been barred from moving cargo from Busan. Hyundai is loading its own ships with the goods and Hanjin vessels have been turned away from ports in the U.S., China, Canada, Spain and elsewhere.