Atmospheric pressure at the bottom of Valles Marineris Christopher Sean Hilton (17 Oct 2016 00:00 UTC)
List Admin? Kurt Feltenberger (17 Oct 2016 01:15 UTC)
Re: [TML] List Admin? Kurt Feltenberger (17 Oct 2016 01:16 UTC)
Re: [TML] Atmospheric pressure at the bottom of Valles Marineris Bruce Johnson (17 Oct 2016 05:22 UTC)

Re: [TML] Atmospheric pressure at the bottom of Valles Marineris Bruce Johnson 17 Oct 2016 05:21 UTC

Here’s a starting point for those calcs: http://www.mide.com/pages/air-pressure-at-altitude-calculator

I’m thinking about half that, plugging in an altitude of -8000 into the second calculator.

Calculate Air Pressure at Altitude

Pressure at Sea Level  32000
Temperature 15 C
Altitude -8000

Air Pressure at Altitude = 76532

You’ll have to play around with temps and this is based on a 1G planet but they have a mars calculator as well; but Canyon wasn’t as cold as mars, IIRC.

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona