Anyone run the scenario "The Werewolf Disease"? Graham Donald (19 Oct 2016 15:53 UTC)
Re: [TML] Anyone run the scenario "The Werewolf Disease"? Kurt Feltenberger (19 Oct 2016 17:52 UTC)
Re: [TML] Anyone run the scenario "The Werewolf Disease"? Graham Donald (20 Oct 2016 10:22 UTC)
Re: [TML] Anyone run the scenario "The Werewolf Disease"? Graham Donald (27 Oct 2016 07:51 UTC)
Re: [TML] Anyone run the scenario "The Werewolf Disease"? Kurt Feltenberger (28 Oct 2016 02:21 UTC)

Re: [TML] Anyone run the scenario "The Werewolf Disease"? Kurt Feltenberger 28 Oct 2016 02:20 UTC

On 10/27/2016 3:46 AM, Graham Donald (via tml list) wrote:
> I have been having further thoughts on this scenario. Two specific
> questions, the first is an obvious one, how did GMs deal with someone
> getting bit by the person they are trying to catch (I am assuming that
> the bug is spread by saliva/mixing of bodily fluid.). The second is
> what did you do when the players ask the 'Why are you asking us
> instead of sending your own people' question.
>
> Graham

For the first one, I applied some die rolls to allow the character to do
something that the player wanted and would be opposed to how the
infected would act.  Each roll was successively harder until it became
unwinnable at which point the character became an NPC.

On the second, there were a couple answers.  First, plausible
deniability; if it's "adventurers" going after the guy, then they could
better manage any publicity.  Second, their security people didn't have
the skills.  One or two had prior service experience, but most were
average security guards that you'd see a plant, mall (no mall ninjas),
or office.  They were there to call 911, grab a first aid kit, and look
serious.

--
Kurt Feltenberger
xxxxxx@thepaw.org/xxxxxx@yahoo.com