(missing)
Re: A Real Example of Stranded on Arden (was: Re: [TML] Bureaucracy Club) Bruce Johnson (31 Oct 2016 20:46 UTC)

Re: A Real Example of Stranded on Arden (was: Re: [TML] Bureaucracy Club) Bruce Johnson 31 Oct 2016 20:46 UTC

> On Oct 31, 2016, at 12:36 PM, C. Berry <xxxxxx@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> This went on for about 15 minutes, giving me time to plan my new life as a refugee in Tokyo in some detail. Then suddenly, and with no explanation, I was handed my boarding pass and directed to the customs and immigration area, where I sailed through without further incident. I still have no idea whatsoever what happened at the JAL counter.

Clearly you were being flagged as a potential Vilani agent, and they were deeply confused by the instructions attached to closely examine your luggage for penguins.

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona