Re: [TML] The Lunion Project, resend Phil Pugliese 10 Jan 2017 05:36 UTC

Ah, hah!

Now I'm getting a vision of that old ST-TOS episode where there was a city floating in the sky where the affluent elite lived while the workers (trogs) labored in the mines on the surface.

If the city was on a different planet then it would all fit into the TU just fine & explain how a low-pop hi-tech rating could appear for a system that required a lot more people....

p.s. So that's why Rorise in the 'Marches purchased that surplus buffered planetoid warship from the IN. It would keep the 'peons' on the other (secondary) planet in line!

On Mon, 1/9/17, tmr0195@comcast.net <tmr0195@comcast.net> wrote:

 Subject: Re: [TML] The Lunion Project, resend
 To: "TML" <xxxxxx@simplelists.com>
 Date: Monday, January 9, 2017, 1:42 PM

 Hello
 Phil Pugliese,

 >Since I came into Trav some
 years before MT, I've always figured that POP was for
 the entire system as CT >didn't break things down at
 that time.

 CT LBB 3 Worlds & Adventures 1e
 1977 World Creation 2nd indented sentence p. 2 & CT LBB
 3 Worlds & Adventures 2e 1977/1981 World Creation p. 6
 third indented sentence:

 "This world generation process
 applies only to the single most important world in a star
 system; additional planets in a system should be generated
 by the referee as necessary."

 Tom
 Rux
 From: "Phil
 Pugliese (via tml list)"
 <xxxxxx@simplelists.com>
  Date: Sunday, January 8, 2017, 11:51 PM

  Always
  with the Ancients!  :)
  Personally, I think an IISS review
  of which is the "main world" would
 be a better bet
  as a canon explanation.
 I was just wondering whether
  anyone was
 aware of who made the decision to re-do the UWP
  and why.  CT, MT, TNE, and GT all used the
 LoPop UWP.  I
  don't have MongT on
 hand to check their
  UWP.