Freelance Traveller Timothy Collinson (16 Jan 2017 19:40 UTC)
Re: [TML] Freelance Traveller Jeff Zeitlin (16 Jan 2017 20:26 UTC)
Re: [TML] Freelance Traveller Jeff Zeitlin (16 Jan 2017 20:32 UTC)
Re: [TML] Freelance Traveller Timothy Collinson (16 Jan 2017 22:20 UTC)
Re: [TML] Freelance Traveller tmr0195@xxxxxx (16 Jan 2017 20:35 UTC)

On 16 January 2017 at 20:32, Jeff Zeitlin <xxxxxx@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Jan 2017 19:39:28 +0000, you wrote to Freelance Traveller:
>
>>BUT "I’m not really interested in going there, and you’re not really
>>interested in reading what I’d write were I to go there."  I'll bet
>>you I would be... :-)     (I'm still not sure I really understand what
>>the whole deal is.)
>
> The short form is that the new licensing terms from Mongoose are fine
> for someone like Michael Brown or Dale McCoy (Jon Brazer Enterprises),
> who just more-or-less want to get fanac

That's a new word for me - see, worth it already.

> out there and perhaps make
> beer-and-pretzel money from it - but untenable for someone like John
> Watts (Gypsy Knights Games) who is trying to run a business. There's
> more, but it gets ranty.

Ok.  I think I'd about got as far as that and I can understand JW's
objections (from things said elsewhere).

I guess my query about it is around the way it seems to have people
saying 'but we don't talk about it'.  Am I right in understanding that
it's not Marc approved (and may or may not be 'approved of' in his own
eyes) but that that's irrelevant because it's allowed under what I
believe is called OGL?

And then stemming from this I get into unanswerable questions about
causing 'upset' and what is "really" Traveller?  (i.e. should I be
attempting to collect CE stuff for the bibliography and future
versions)  (or is this a good moment to realize I can't collect
*everything* and call it a day?)

But I appreciate you've probably said all you're comfortable with so
this is really me thinking aloud.

cheers
tc