2d6 OGL SF? Jeff Zeitlin (11 Jun 2017 02:03 UTC)
Re: [TML] 2d6 OGL SF? tmr0195@xxxxxx (11 Jun 2017 03:31 UTC)
Re: [TML] 2d6 OGL SF? tmr0195@xxxxxx (11 Jun 2017 03:38 UTC)
Re: [TML] 2d6 OGL SF? Jim Catchpole (11 Jun 2017 14:06 UTC)
Re: [TML] 2d6 OGL SF? Robert Conley (12 Jun 2017 04:00 UTC)
Re: [TML] 2d6 OGL SF? Jeff Zeitlin (12 Jun 2017 13:38 UTC)

Re: [TML] 2d6 OGL SF? Jeff Zeitlin 12 Jun 2017 13:38 UTC

On Sun, 11 Jun 2017 15:06:27 +0100, "Jim Catchpole (via tml list)"
<xxxxxx@simplelists.com> wrote:

>I have seen the term "2D6 OGL Sci-Fi" used to refer to the RTT 1e SRD
>for several years. To be precise, my understanding is that it refers to the SRD,
>excluding any Traveller IP references, since they were explicitly kept under copyright
>by the OGL notice attached to the SRD.

OK, that's more-or-less consistent with the material that I've seen,
though as I indicated, I thought there was an implication of "some
non-Traveller-based system".

>Universal Machine Publications produce a set of products they refer to
>as the '2d6 Science Fiction System Reference Document' (which aren't free).
>Other than that, I'm not aware of an actual document. My copy of the Cepheus SRD which
>refers to it as being directly based on the 1e SRD.

Yes, CE is clearly based - and in fact explicitly says so - on the RTT
1e SRD. It was the UMP stuff I was thinking of, and at the not-free
level, I'm not really at this point willing to investigate it further.
I asked simply because I'd gotten the impression that UMP was
more-or-less Traveller-compatible, but not based on the RTT SRD, so I
wanted to see how they managed that.

Thanks.