Re: [TML] Dumb Q about Passages Phil Pugliese (14 Jun 2017 20:21 UTC)
Re: [TML] Dumb Q about Passages Christopher Sean Hilton (15 Jun 2017 02:05 UTC)

Re: [TML] Dumb Q about Passages Christopher Sean Hilton 15 Jun 2017 02:05 UTC

On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 08:17:03PM +0000, Phil Pugliese (via tml list) wrote:

[ ...snip.. ]
>  -- ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> I don't recall any standard J3 trader designs published by GDW & perhaps that's the
> reason why.  There are, of course, J3 passenger liners w/ a small but significant
> amount of cargo space.  OTOH, there must be *some* J3/4 traders to service isolated
> worlds like the Droyne worlds (J4) in the 'Seven Sisters' subsector of the
> S'Marches.  Even though they are 'RedZoned' by the IN there is mention of
> Droyne-owned shipping companies & I can imagine that locally owned & based starships
> could be allowed in & out of those worlds.

I don't think there were any. My imagination says they had to exist because there is
money to be made by getting people and things to other places quickly. The fact is
that the CT canon left quite a bit undefined or otherwise up to the GM. But this is a
natural question that arrises from the cost-of-passage rules. In my opinion, leaving
things up to the GM to decide was a good thing.

-- Chris

      __o          "All I was trying to do was get home from work."
    _`\<,_           -Rosa Parks
Christopher Sean Hilton                    [chris/at/vindaloo/dot/com]