What percentage of the galaxy does Charted Space cover? Jonathan Clark (02 Jul 2017 01:01 UTC)
Re: [TML] What percentage of the galaxy does Charted Space cover? Tim (06 Jul 2017 05:44 UTC)

Re: [TML] What percentage of the galaxy does Charted Space cover? Tim 06 Jul 2017 05:43 UTC

On Wed, Jul 05, 2017 at 04:07:48PM -0700, Douglas Berry wrote:
> http://www.scifi-az.com/astro2.htm
>
> 3,500 stars in a 150ly cube centered on Sol. Perfect for a variant campaign
> or an Interstellar Wars game with a more realistic map.

It should be noted that there are expected to be more than 8000 stars
in this cube, but that we can't see the less bright ones further out:
mostly the dimmer red dwarfs but also likely some white dwarf stars.
There may still be a few stars we haven't detected even within 5 parsecs
(16 light years).

That said, it is likely to be much more realistic than any other map
available in print as a science fiction resource.

- Tim