Re: [TML] Changing The Jump Drive Limit? Phil Pugliese (25 Jul 2017 12:47 UTC)
Re: [TML] Changing The Jump Drive Limit? Bruce Johnson (25 Jul 2017 20:29 UTC)
Re: [TML] Changing The Jump Drive Limit? C. Berry (25 Jul 2017 20:47 UTC)
Re: [TML] Changing The Jump Drive Limit? Bruce Johnson (25 Jul 2017 21:13 UTC)
Re: [TML] Changing The Jump Drive Limit? Kurt Feltenberger (26 Jul 2017 04:16 UTC)
Re: [TML] Changing The Jump Drive Limit? C. Berry (26 Jul 2017 13:38 UTC)
Re: [TML] Changing The Jump Drive Limit? Jeffrey Schwartz (27 Jul 2017 14:55 UTC)

On 7/25/2017 5:13 PM, Bruce Johnson wrote:
> If we were suddenly knocked back to TL3, yeah maybe, but a TL 8 world
> in the former 1st Imperium which would likely have existing ships to
> copy, or at least libraries about theory and practice? Pfft. Not
> simple, but hardly like a Pop0 world in the boonies with a
> pocketknife, some string and aluminum foil.

I would also suspect that in addition to the libraries, you would also
have engineers who actually used the J-Drives as well.

In the end, how long it takes to produce an operational J-drive is
really going to be determined by how much the world wants it and how
much the world is willing to pay; if the want is high and the
willingness to pay is similarly high, years, perhaps a decade.  If one
is high and the other is low, then it will take a while.  If both are
low, they'll probably retain the knowledge but lose any practical
understanding.

--
Kurt Feltenberger
xxxxxx@thepaw.org/xxxxxx@yahoo.com