Re: [TML] Arms Trade In The 3I Phil Pugliese (31 Jul 2017 19:57 UTC)
Re: [TML] Arms Trade In The 3I Bruce Johnson (31 Jul 2017 20:34 UTC)
Re: [TML] Arms Trade In The 3I C. Berry (31 Jul 2017 20:41 UTC)
Re: [TML] Arms Trade In The 3I tmr0195@xxxxxx (01 Aug 2017 02:16 UTC)

Re: [TML] Arms Trade In The 3I Bruce Johnson 31 Jul 2017 20:34 UTC

> On Jul 31, 2017, at 12:57 PM, Phil Pugliese (via tml list) <xxxxxx@simplelists.com> wrote:
>
> And there's also the possibility that a regime change has occurred & the 'new guys' want to inspect ships entering & leaving the extrality zone downport that the ImpGov controls.
> And, maybe even the hiport traffic too.

"New guys" as in Planetary rulers or "new guys" as in New Emperor?

If planetary rulers, the answer from Starport Authority should be “What part of the word ‘extrality’ don’t you people understand?” then tell them to go pound sand.

Of course a wealthy/busy enough world doesn’t HAVE to rely on the Imperial Starport for traffic…systems are entirely free to operate their own as they see fit, but putting more burdens on incoming traffic will push more people to the Imperial port, or start agitating with the Impies to establish one.

All of this is entirely flexible, if the local planetary rulers have pull with/actually are the local Imperial nobles then SA and IN may well ‘cooperate’ on ‘joint anti-smuggling’ operations ‘consistent with maintaining order and free flow of merchant traffic’.

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona