Wolf at the Door Timothy Collinson (22 Nov 2017 16:49 UTC)
Re: [TML] Wolf at the Door shadow@xxxxxx (29 Nov 2017 14:24 UTC)
Re: [TML] Wolf at the Door Timothy Collinson (29 Nov 2017 15:08 UTC)
Re: [TML] Wolf at the Door shadow@xxxxxx (01 Dec 2017 18:05 UTC)
Re: [TML] Wolf at the Door Timothy Collinson (01 Dec 2017 22:07 UTC)

Re: [TML] Wolf at the Door shadow@xxxxxx 29 Nov 2017 14:23 UTC

On 22 Nov 2017 at 16:48, Timothy Collinson wrote:

> BTW I assume at TL6 for Aramanx the orbital station is heavily
> dependent on imported tech so might well be prone to breakdown of
> tech and reversion to paper, perhaps for customs checks and the like
> while they wait for spares.

Well, given that TL6 (at least according to the first reference I
grabbed) is 1940s to 1960s, they could do most of it with native
tech. Some comm gear and computer gear would be imported, and the
propulsion systems on the shuttles would also likely be imported, but
other than seeming "overbuilt" by higher TL standards, I wouldn't
expect it to be that different from many/most orbital stations.

But there'd definitely be enough difference for local color. Customs
might be using scantron type forms for example. Easy to fill out, and
easy to feed to the (local) computer systems.

And it's always a good idea to reserve imported tech for stuff you
can do without or stuff that you *can't* do with local tech (and
you'd be surprised at the things you *can* do with local tech if they
know about the higher TL methods)

--
Leonard Erickson (aka shadow)
shadow at shadowgard dot com