Re: [TML] Character creation:characteristics andskills David Jaques-Watson (01 Jan 2018 14:34 UTC)
Re: [TML] Character creation:characteristics andskills Jeff Zeitlin (02 Jan 2018 00:50 UTC)

Re: [TML] Character creation:characteristics andskills Jeff Zeitlin 02 Jan 2018 00:50 UTC

On Tue, 2 Jan 2018 00:34:04 +1000, "David Jaques-Watson"
<xxxxxx@pcug.org.au> wrote:

>For the poor old cop (Agent template, I assume), you may want to look at
>what I did with police and MoJ agents.

>Both sets of chargen rules are for MT, but you may be able to garner a few
>defaults you can retrospectively declare for your policeman; e.g. Gun Combat
>if he comes from an Aggressive world, or Brawling if he comes from a
>Non-Aggressive one.

>You caould also roll up some sort of Contacts (does MongTrav have these?),
>as suggested.

>You'd also think he'd be good at paperwork (Admin-0, if nothing else), and
>interpersonal skills (Liaison, Streetwise, Interview or Interrogation if you
>have them, etc).

>They're available at Beowulf Down, here:
>
>==> Tavonni Repair Bays
>
>==> House Rules
>
>==> Police Characters for MegaTraveller
>
>And also
>
>==> Ministry of Justice (MoJ) Characters for MegaTraveller

They're also available at Freelance Traveller, as "John Law III: Police
Character Generation in MegaTraveller" and "John Law IV: Ministry of
Justice Character Generation for MegaTraveller",
http://www.freelancetraveller.com/features/rules/chargen/djwmtcop.html and
.../djwmtmoj.html respectively.

Russel Bornschlegel and I had also worked up a CT/MT cop career, somewhat
different from David's; that can be found as "John Law: Character
Generation for Traveller/MegaTraveller" at .../ctmtcop.html.

For those who liked the TNE chargen procedure, I had disagreed, based on my
experience with the NYPD, with the TNE-provided Law Enforcer career; "John
Law II: Character Generation for Traveller: The New Era" at .../tnecop.html
is my take on the career.

®Traveller is a registered trademark of
Far Future Enterprises, 1977-2017. Use of
the trademark in this notice and in the
referenced materials is not intended to
infringe or devalue the trademark.

--
Jeff Zeitlin, Editor
Freelance Traveller

Freelance Traveller extends its thanks to the following
enterprises for hosting services:

onCloud/CyberWeb Enterprises (http://www.oncloud.io)
The Traveller Downport (http://www.downport.com)