Re: [TML] The Point of Traveller (Was Aerobraking and apogee) Cian Witherspoon 30 Jan 2018 03:50 UTC

On 1/29/18, Caleuche <xxxxxx@sudnadja.com> wrote:

> What is the point of Traveller for all of you? Pure action-adventure
> bubblegum? Or more of a slow, long term exploration of a setting,
> investigating how human culture and civilization might plausibly evolve as
> average communication times increase dramatically? Or more of a setting
> playground, constantly adding bits of detail for its own sake, knowing it
> might never be played?

For me, it's a mix of setting playground and adventure, plus bits of
exploring the setting. Figuring out how the cultures evolved, throwing
screwballs in from various details, and making sure that opportunity
exists for People To Do Things.