OT: Maths question David Shaw (28 Apr 2018 21:14 UTC)
Re: [TML] OT: Maths question Jeff Zeitlin (28 Apr 2018 21:35 UTC)
Re: [TML] OT: Maths question David Shaw (28 Apr 2018 22:08 UTC)

Re: [TML] OT: Maths question Jeff Zeitlin 28 Apr 2018 21:35 UTC

This is in fact answerable from information available on the intart00bz, if
you just generalize your visualization: Start from the point of view of two
cylinders of equal diameter intersecting at right angles. The name
"Steinmetz" comes into play.

On Sat, 28 Apr 2018 21:13:58 +0000, David Shaw <xxxxxx@gmail.com> wrote:

>Could some kind soul please save my sanity? I cannot work this out and
>cannot find an answer on the inter-thingy.
>
>Take two cylinders of equal diameter and arbitrary length greater than
>their diameter. Place one across the top of the other to form a 'T' shape.
>What is the volume of the piece you need to cut out of the top of the stem
>of the 'T' so that the cross piece fits snugly into it?

®Traveller is a registered trademark of
Far Future Enterprises, 1977-2018. Use of
the trademark in this notice and in the
referenced materials is not intended to
infringe or devalue the trademark.

--
Jeff Zeitlin, Editor
Freelance Traveller

Freelance Traveller extends its thanks to the following
enterprises for hosting services:

onCloud/CyberWeb Enterprises (http://www.oncloud.io)
The Traveller Downport (http://www.downport.com)