Lee is correct; most Vermont municipalities have severely aging infrastructure, water, wastewater, stormwater, and road. New developments place new stresses on these. These need to be considered.

Paul is also correct; we need to find ways to reduce the cost of development. In my greater than 40 years in engineering, we see the cost of development driven by the growth in regulations, the bureaucracy, the redundancy, permit fees, and the unquantified risk to developers in negotiating the Act 250 process and the DEC process. The cost of aging infrastructure is another component.

Blair J. Enman, PE, Founding Partner

cid:image001.jpg@01CDABAF.B9BD9B90

Seeking Cost Effective Solutions since 1982

www.EnmanEngineering.com

61 Prospect Street

Rutland, VT 05701

(802) 775-3437