RE: [VT Dev] Act 250 Reform Bill Clears First Legislative Committee - Still has long road... Mark Thibeault (19 Feb 2020 09:28 EST)

RE: [VT Dev] Act 250 Reform Bill Clears First Legislative Committee - Still has long road... Mark Thibeault 19 Feb 2020 09:28 EST

Good morning.

Most Town/cities have that already in their zoning regulation.

Mark R Thibeault
CRE Source, LLC
P.O.Box 161
1705 Peach Brook Road
Newbury, VT  05051
(802) 363-8835 - Mobile

-----Original Message-----
From: GENE BEAUDOIN <genebeaudoin@comcast.net>
Sent: Tuesday, February 18, 2020 3:41 PM
To: Mark Thibeault <MarkT@cresource.us>; Kemener Whalen <kem@blackrockus.com>; Austin Davis <austin@vermont.org>
Cc: vtdevelopment <vtdevelopment@simplelists.com>
Subject: RE: [VT Dev] Act 250 Reform Bill Clears First Legislative Committee - Still has long road...

Mark,

There's a sleeper in the synopsis: RB and other agencies can bill applicants for staff time and for outside experts hired during Act 250 permit process.

Let that sink in. More staff time is better and more experts is better because "the developer" pays the bill. The cost of housing to the home buyer or renter just went up.

GB