Re: [TML] Ping Phil Pugliese (17 Nov 2016 17:37 UTC)
Re: [TML] Ping Bruce Johnson (17 Nov 2016 17:49 UTC)
Re: [TML] Ping tmr0195@xxxxxx (17 Nov 2016 18:03 UTC)
Re: [TML] Ping Bruce Johnson (17 Nov 2016 19:01 UTC)

Re: [TML] Ping Bruce Johnson 17 Nov 2016 19:01 UTC

My favorite ones are the recent emails telling me that our mail system admins (us) have “stopped using Internet Explorer 8 on our Exchange Outlook Web site and they must immediately confirm their login details or we will block their access to email”.

Apparently our boss outsourced our Exchange admin duties to some random person at an elementary school in North Carolina without telling us :-P

It’s an unending email war.

We’ve gotten a new bunch trying bayesian poisoning again in the email body; I haven’t seen it in a while. Good for making freeform spam poetry:

With first incoming,
or articles, so with intake,
and directly center internal,
then create lower,
but more this ports,
and so also other,
so cars instead, or prevents,
and so timed,
then volume list engines…

Dragging it back to official topics: XBoat Spam? Thing or not a thing?

Surely the kind of phishing stuff we get won’t work in the OTU on the XBoat routes since it’s hard to  hijack computer accounts through a jump route :-) but surely there are cons being run all the time.

Also in-system spamming and phishing I expect would be endemic. The moment you get functional comms I’m sure there will be 3I versions of the kind of nonsense we deal with daily.