Please give me a ship: The Star Galleons Jeff Zeitlin (18 Feb 2017 01:21 UTC)
Re: [TML] Please give me a ship: The Star Galleons Ethan McKinney (18 Feb 2017 01:24 UTC)
Re: [TML] Please give me a ship: The Star Galleons Jeffrey Schwartz (18 Feb 2017 17:16 UTC)
Re: [TML] Please give me a ship: The Star Galleons Jeff Zeitlin (19 Feb 2017 03:02 UTC)
Re: [TML] Please give me a ship: The Star Galleons Jeffrey Schwartz (20 Feb 2017 10:54 UTC)
Re: [TML] Please give me a ship: The Star Galleons Jeff Zeitlin (18 Feb 2017 18:45 UTC)
Re: [TML] Please give me a ship: The Star Galleons Timothy Collinson (18 Feb 2017 20:48 UTC)

Re: [TML] Please give me a ship: The Star Galleons Jeffrey Schwartz 18 Feb 2017 17:15 UTC

Something like this ?
=============
(Used T5.00 rules)

Type AF "Trinidad" star galleon, TL12, 500dtons, Mcr 172.219

The Trinidad class is intended for long operations in frontier areas.
Capable of jump-2, it can go places the normal Type-A can't, and with
3G of accel it can effectively operate against many pirates.

Trinidad's have been used for trade, especially to low law level
worlds. They are especially popular for exploration and first
contacts.
Some smaller mercenary units find the Trinidad very useful, in that
the passenger compartments can repurposed for troop usage and a
respectable force carried. In this case, AFV's of one type or another
are loaded in the cargo bay, the middle passage comparments used for
their  crews, and the high passage compartment goes to the overall
leader of the expedition. This generally gives a load out of 2 AFVs,
20 infantry, a corpsman, and up to 8 dismounted naval troopers, plus
the ship's launch and an air/raft for air support.

The hull is a streamlined cylinder that tapers at the front and aft,
with 3 decks.  It has both landing pads on legs, and is fitted for
water landings and extended float on surface.
There is a dual beam laser barbette mounted forward and aft as chase
armament, and the port and starboard sides are studded with gun ports
on each deck, in a 3/4/3 pattern.

The ship's lowest deck, aft to front, is a large cargo lock opening in
to the 150 dton cargo bay, followed by the gun deck which mounts
reduced range beam laser, sand caster, and missile launcher on each
side, along with two consoles for the gunners. These lasers are
relatively short ranged, and usually are used for point defense, only
coming into an offensive role in extrmis or in support of ground
operations.
Next is a compartment with pumps and filtration gear to allow ocean
refuelling. Next is the niche holding a 10 person escape pod.
Foward of this is "marine country", with barracks for 10 troops and a
personal lock forward to allow them egress when on land.

The middle deck has a barbette at each end, with a console for the
gunner. From aft forward is engineering, then passenger quarters, then
medical area, then crew quarters, the bridge and computer room, and
then the forward battery.  The broadside here consists of four small
missile launchers on each side, plus a gunnery station.

The bridge has consoles for Pilot, Astrogator, Captain, Chief
Engineer, Purser/Comms and a 1.75 ton 'day cabin' for the captain to
work in.
Sensors  include an EMS suite with an extensive antenna array around
the outside of the ship.

The ship's computer network  has a Mod1Bis that is optimized for jump
computations, a Mod1/bis to help the gunners, and a Model 3/Bis main
computer with attached positronic brain. The Brain has skill Astro-6,
Pilot-3, and Engineering-3. It's hobby is creative writing, which is
normally expressed as the "Extended Ship's Log" which is based on the
Captain's offical log, but adds more description, detail and color.

Passenger quarters include one high passage suite with en-suite
fresher, 2 standard cabins which share a fresher, and a 10-bunk
steerage section with an attached fresher. There's also 15 tons of
open common areas for passenger relaxation.

Crew and accommodations:
Captain, Astrogator, Pilot, Purser, Chief Engineer  - each with
standard stateroom, sharing officers Fresher. These also have access
to the luxury life support that feeds the high passage room.
Engineer - std stateroom
Engineer's mate: Niche (1 ton mini-cabin)
Fwd Battery gun captain - niche
Aft Battery Gun Captain - niche
Port battery gun capt - niche
Starboard battery gun capt - niche
Port gunners (2) - bunk each
Starboard gunners (2) - bunk
Doctor - standard stateroom, with access to the luxury life support
that feeds the high passage room.
Physician's Assistant - niche
Enlisted freshers (low end, 2x Common)
Officer's freshers (nicer "shared" like passenger quality)
Marine Country - two five-person barracks sharing a common fresher

Sickbay has a 4 ton common area used as a waiting area,but the couches
there can fold out to make 4 bunks if needed. There's 2 auto-doc style
medical consolers, and a stateroom sized clnic area. There's also a
Cousellor booth where crew can work on psychological issues.

The top deck has the same broadside armament as the lowest,
(Beam/Sand/Missile). From the back to the front are a niche for the
ship's 20dton launch, a dorsal cargo hatch leading to a bay with an
air/raft latched to the deck plus room for an additional 8 tons of
stores. This is often expedition gear (sort of a super-sized ship's
locker). Forward of this is  another personel airlock

When water-landed, the middle deck guns are barely above the water
line. This means cargo from the main bay must be hand-loaded up the
companionways from the main deck to the small cargo bay with the
air/raft in it.

=========

Spreadsheet used to make it:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qCd1zkqV_iwSC-S60rEdSzM6sSCDU5BTzQu2iFa5BL0/edit?usp=sharing

Note: 500 tons is 5 hardpoints, and the ship has more than 5 weapons.
T5 allows splitting a hardpoint into 3 firm points, which was done
here for the broadside weapons. The missiles are down-graded from
range "S7" to "S5" in order to shrink them to firmpoint proportions.

Note: bridge ergonomics are 0 (with rounding) and crew comfort is 0 (rounded).
Marine comfort is -4.
It's recommended that unused passenger space be used to spread the
crew and marines some to improve ship ergonomics.