Re: [BAA Comets] Comet 17P/Holmes has gone into outburst !! Nick James (09 Aug 2021 21:43 UTC)
Re: [BAA Comets] Comet 17P/Holmes has gone into outburst !! Richard Miles (09 Aug 2021 21:50 UTC)

Re: [BAA Comets] Comet 17P/Holmes has gone into outburst !! Nick James 09 Aug 2021 21:43 UTC

Richard,

Thanks for the alert.

The formatting seems to be messed up on your comets-ml message but I
think it says that the comet was 17.30 on July 20 and 16.02 on August 8.
How did you determine the time of the outburst as Aug 3?

My last image of it was on July 29 when it was around mag 17.0
(unfiltered vs Gaia DR2 G) in a 9 arcsec radius aperture:

https://britastro.org/cometobs/17p/17p_20210729_020259_ndj.html

Morning objects are not good for me on weekdays but I'll have a go at it
next time I get a chance.

Nick.