C/2023 P1 (Nishimura) at perihelion +1d Nick James (19 Sep 2023 08:54 UTC)
RE: [BAA Comets] C/2023 P1 (Nishimura) at perihelion +1d Andrew Robertson (19 Sep 2023 09:09 UTC)
RE: [BAA Comets] C/2023 P1 (Nishimura) at perihelion +1d Andrew Robertson (19 Sep 2023 09:58 UTC)

RE: [BAA Comets] C/2023 P1 (Nishimura) at perihelion +1d Andrew Robertson 19 Sep 2023 09:57 UTC

Wow, a 30" from the top of La Palma, shouldn't think visual gets any better than that. My 12" travel scope from just over a 1000 metres on La Palma often outperformed my 24" in the UK on low surface brightness objects such as Palomar globulars.

Andrew

-----Original Message-----
From: baa-comet@simplelists.com [mailto:baa-comet@simplelists.com] On Behalf Of Nick James
Sent: 19 September 2023 10:43
To: baa-comet@simplelists.com
Subject: Re: [BAA Comets] C/2023 P1 (Nishimura) at perihelion +1d

Andrew,

Yes, the Vistor Centre is an excellent place to observe from but you need to book your spot or the security guard won't let you in.
Surprisingly there have been only five people there for the last few nights but one of them had driven a 30-inch Dob over from the Netherlands. The views in that were pretty stunning.

I tried looking for the comet in binoculars but the sky was just too bright that low down.

Nick.