Re: CalWeedTalk FW: anyone have a creative solution for large-scale removal of puncturevine seeds at a recently infested site? ellenblakeborough@gmail.com (21 Nov 2019 14:52 PST)

Re: CalWeedTalk FW: anyone have a creative solution for large-scale removal of puncturevine seeds at a recently infested site? ellenblakeborough@gmail.com 21 Nov 2019 14:51 PST
This stuff is awful.  Around here in Hidden Meadows I’ve learned to recognize it when it is young and whenever I see it I pull it. Up here we (many people pitching in)have used hula hoes, brooms and dustpans, small hand weeders.  I use long Grangettos protective gloves or if they aren’t pokey yet and are damp, even Costco gloves. Actually every kind of glove- I even have avocado sleeves and nice comfy kneeling pad on top of a tarp and plastic basket/tub. Good luck. Just keep at it and have faith- each spot you do will be so much better next year.  “Slow and steady wins the race.”” Beginning is half done.”
Ellen Blakeborough

Sent from my iPad