MT: COACC Uptdate 6 Thomas RUX (14 Jun 2019 19:59 UTC)
[TML] MT: COACC Guardian-Class Orbital Battle Station Thomas RUX (15 Jun 2019 00:19 UTC)
Re: [TML] MT: COACC Guardian-Class Orbital Battle Station Cian Witherspoon (15 Jun 2019 02:10 UTC)
Re: [TML] MT: COACC Guardian-Class Orbital Battle Station Thomas Jones-Low (15 Jun 2019 10:50 UTC)
Re: [TML] MT: COACC Guardian-Class Orbital Battle Station Thomas Jones-Low (15 Jun 2019 13:11 UTC)
Re: [TML] MT: COACC Guardian-Class Orbital Battle Station Cian Witherspoon (15 Jun 2019 15:30 UTC)
Re: [TML] MT: COACC Guardian-Class Orbital Battle Station Thomas Jones-Low (15 Jun 2019 23:45 UTC)
Re: [TML] MT: COACC Uptdate 6 Ethan McKinney (17 Jun 2019 14:25 UTC)

Re: [TML] MT: COACC Guardian-Class Orbital Battle Station Thomas Jones-Low 15 Jun 2019 10:49 UTC

	While this is technically a violation of the build rules the MT design system
does not have a ship weapons design sequence. There is no way to build the
equivalent of a 100 ton missile bay launcher. So the designer was taking the
idea of a 100 ton bay weapon and using that as part of the design sequence.

	It is clear from real life designs, many fiction sources, and even some hints
in Traveller that a free-floating weapons platform is a possible thing.

	So don't think of this as a 20 ton ship mounting a 100 ton bay, think of this
as a 100 ton bay mounting just enough equipment to operate independently. I
highly doubt you can simply slap this into the 100-ton bay socket on a cruiser
or battleship. Though there may be people who would try.

	If you really wanted to be complete about this, you could go back to the
striker design system and build a 500mm space launch missile system with
autoloaders and large magazine and see how much you can fit into 100 ton space
(mass is no object here).

--
         Thomas Jones-Low
Work:	xxxxxx@softstart.com