O/T: Quantum entanglement David Shaw (13 May 2020 19:57 UTC)
Re: [TML] O/T: Quantum entanglement James Davies (13 May 2020 20:33 UTC)
Re: [TML] O/T: Quantum entanglement David Shaw (13 May 2020 20:37 UTC)
Re: [TML] O/T: Quantum entanglement Thad Coons (13 May 2020 20:57 UTC)
Re: [TML] O/T: Quantum entanglement Thomas Jones-Low (13 May 2020 22:41 UTC)
Re: [TML] O/T: Quantum entanglement kaladorn@xxxxxx (13 May 2020 23:25 UTC)
Re: [TML] O/T: Quantum entanglement Timothy Collinson (14 May 2020 07:17 UTC)
Re: [TML] O/T: Quantum entanglement shadow@xxxxxx (18 May 2020 19:02 UTC)
Re: [TML] O/T: Quantum entanglement kaladorn@xxxxxx (18 May 2020 21:58 UTC)
Re: [TML] O/T: Quantum entanglement Richard Aiken (19 May 2020 17:34 UTC)
Re: [TML] O/T: Quantum entanglement shadow@xxxxxx (24 May 2020 16:39 UTC)

On 5/13/2020 3:57 PM, David Shaw wrote:
> While we're talking physics...
>
> Every description I've read, watched or heard about quantum entanglement says
> that, when you change the properties of one of the particles, the properties of
> the other instantaneously change, regardless of how far apart they are.
>
> Really? Instantaneous? Or do they mean 'at the speed of light which, given the
> scale of the experiments we've carried out is so quick that it is, for all
> practical purposes, instantaneous'?
>
> David Shaw

	To my understanding the quantum entanglement doesn't transmit any information,
so it can operate in "instantaneous" time. The idea is, for example, if you put
two electrons in close proximity they can't have the same spin direction. If you
then pull them apart without measuring which electron has which spin, you can
separate them by any distance. and if you measure the spin on one electron, you
know "instantly" the other must have the opposite spin. But you can't change the
spin of either electron.

--
         Thomas Jones-Low
Work:	xxxxxx@softstart.com