Life on Venus? Timothy Collinson (15 Sep 2020 16:15 UTC)
Re: [TML] Life on Venus? Jeffrey Schwartz (21 Sep 2020 12:27 UTC)
Re: [TML] Life on Venus? kaladorn@xxxxxx (21 Sep 2020 12:40 UTC)
Re: [TML] Life on Venus? Jeffrey Schwartz (22 Sep 2020 14:02 UTC)
Re: [TML] Life on Venus? kaladorn@xxxxxx (22 Sep 2020 14:21 UTC)

Re: [TML] Life on Venus? Jeffrey Schwartz 22 Sep 2020 14:02 UTC

Agreed on the Drake Equation findings.
I guess where I'm going is if there's , say, 200 sophont species out
there, and we were all "born" about the same time, and achieve FTL
about the same time (yeah, optimistic) so we can all interact....
Then if there's a total of 500 inhabitable worlds, there's going to be
scrambling for real estate, and higher chances of conflict.
If there's 2 million worlds which have life but no sophonts, there's
lower chances of people getting into arguments over who's planet this
is.

I kinda like the idea of there not being much in the way of wars,
because it's cheaper and easier to just grab the empty planet one
system over.
A peaceful, post-scarcity galaxy would be a nice place to relax.
And, of course, there's still the T-Rex analogues to make things exciting.