RE: [TML] The obligatory 'Oh, it's all gone quiet over there' thread Peter H Brenton (29 Jan 2015 22:34 UTC)

RE: [TML] The obligatory 'Oh, it's all gone quiet over there' thread Peter H Brenton 29 Jan 2015 22:34 UTC

Since you are on the Traveller list, I assume you like "hard" scifi, vampires and warewolves, elves nad wizards need not apply.

The Windup Girl, Paolo Bacigalupi, great story, near future dystopian, but don't let that scare you.
I like everything by David Weber.
David Drake has some great stuff, some not so great IMHO.
Retrieval Artist series by Kristine Kathryn Rusch entertained be quite a bit.
Makers by Cory Doctorow.  Like Stephenson? Try this.
Hard Wired, could have been an RPG that inspired it

Looking to my peers for more to read also.

-----Original Message-----
From: xxxxxx@simplelists.com [mailto:xxxxxx@simplelists.com] On Behalf Of David Shaw
Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 2015 10:15 AM
To: xxxxxx@simplelists.com
Subject: [TML] The obligatory 'Oh, it's all gone quiet over there' thread

Quiet, isn't it?

OK, let's try and get the ball rolling...

I have always been very conservative in my choice of reading matter, sticking to the few authors I knew and liked and very reluctant to move outside that limited sphere.  However, that has recently changed with my acquisition of a Nook e-readerand I have probably read more new (to me) stuff in the last six months than I did in the previous ten years.

So, my question is this: what Traveller related books and authors would the list recommend me to read?

Many thanks,

David Shaw
-----
The Traveller Mailing List