Re: [TML] [Freelance Traveller] September/October 2023 Posted for Download! Alex Goodwin (31 Aug 2023 12:08 UTC)
Re: [EXT]Re: [TML] [Freelance Traveller] September/October 2023 Posted for Download! Johnson, Bruce E - (bjohnson) (01 Sep 2023 17:56 UTC)

Re: [TML] [Freelance Traveller] September/October 2023 Posted for Download! Alex Goodwin 31 Aug 2023 12:08 UTC

On 31/8/23 20:25, Timothy Collinson - timothy.collinson at port.ac.uk
(via tml list) wrote:

> On Thu, 31 Aug 2023 at 09:25, Rupert Boleyn - rupert.boleyn at
> gmail.com <http://gmail.com> (via tml list) <xxxxxx@simplelists.com> wrote:
>

>     On 31Aug2023 1941, Timothy Collinson - timothy.collinson at
>     port.ac.uk <http://port.ac.uk>
>     (via tml list) wrote:
>     > However, as I'm not sure who has heard what, in the light of
>     those two
>     > Confessions I feel I ought to offer a 'spoiler' for (assuming
>     Jeff wants
>     > it) the next issue of Freelance Traveller and let the community
>     know
>     > that I've now had pathology results and they think they've
>     caught all
>     > the cancer (the tumour is gone and the 49(!) lymph nodes they were
>     > worried about and removed have proved clear).  More scans to be
>     sure,
>     > but good news indeed.  My thanks to all those who have prayed
>     and/or
>     > expressed concern.
>
>     I had missed that news. Sounds like a 'delightful' time.

For certain values of delightful, certainly.

> Hah!  Delightful it was.  Just how so, you may see in Medivac 2 if
> Jeff accepts it for publication!
> (I went into hospital *not* planning on writing a second (it's not a
> sequel) but not forbidding myself either if something occurred.  And
> one day I looked at all the things I was plugged into and something
> occurred...
Sounds like a case of getting a ute-ful of lemons and asking "buggrit,
what type of lemonade?"

>     Best wishes, and may the scans continue to remain clear.
>

> Thank you.  I'm struggling at present and can barely sit up at the
> computer for half an hour or so, but I'm not required back at work
> till (currently) near the end of the month - I'll miss my first
> induction week at uni in quarter of a century - so I can take things
> at the slow, slow pace I'm finding hard to adjust to.  So much for
> thinking I'd have a writing-fest and 'get lots done'!!
Any type of cancer's a stone mongrel.  Collision, you've had the
stuffing knocked out of you - concentrate on coming good.  If us lot
have to put up with silence from you, so be it.

> cheers
>
> tc

Alex