A quotations I'm looking for kaladorn@xxxxxx (16 Feb 2024 17:14 UTC)
Re: [TML] A quotations I'm looking for Jeff Zeitlin (16 Feb 2024 18:21 UTC)
Re: [TML] A quotations I'm looking for Mark Urbin (18 Feb 2024 17:57 UTC)
Re: [TML] A quotations I'm looking for kaladorn@xxxxxx (19 Feb 2024 02:33 UTC)
Re: [TML] A quotations I'm looking for NotKnown AtThisAddress (19 Feb 2024 13:42 UTC)
Re: [TML] A quotations I'm looking for Shannon Appelcline (16 Feb 2024 19:27 UTC)
Re: [TML] A quotations I'm looking for Jeffrey Schwartz (16 Feb 2024 20:01 UTC)
Re: [TML] A quotations I'm looking for Timothy Collinson (17 Feb 2024 06:26 UTC)
Re: [TML] A quotations I'm looking for Ethan McKinney (18 Feb 2024 03:12 UTC)
Re: [TML] A quotations I'm looking for kaladorn@xxxxxx (19 Feb 2024 02:31 UTC)
Re: [TML] A quotations I'm looking for Thomas Jones-Low (18 Feb 2024 15:25 UTC)

Re: [TML] A quotations I'm looking for Jeff Zeitlin 16 Feb 2024 18:21 UTC

I can't find it either, but it was more along the lines of "Traveller is
_Science Fiction Adventure in the Far Future_, not _Accurate Adventures in
Accounting_", making specific reference to the cutline on the covers of the
Classic LBBs.

On Fri, 16 Feb 2024 12:14:19 -0500, kaladorn wrote:

>I think it was said by Marc Miller but maybe not. It was a sci fi related
>quote and I remember it in terms of sci fi RPGs.
>
>The gist of it was that you should be doing X (I forget exactly what X was)
>rather than 'accounting in space'.
>
>I think it was a bit of a comment that the game wasn't meant to be
>adventures in accounting...
>
>But I can't pull the actual quote and Timothy Collison couldn't find it
>either but we both sort of remember something of that effect.
>
>I suppose it could have been said by Wiseman or some of the others of
>Traveller over the years but I either saw it in an article or an interview
>or on some list like this one.
>
>Anyone else vaguely remember this?
>
>Tom B
>kaladorn

®Traveller is a registered trademark of
Far Future Enterprises, 1977-2022. Use of
the trademark in this notice and in the
referenced materials is not intended to
infringe or devalue the trademark.

--
Jeff Zeitlin, Editor
Freelance Traveller

Freelance Traveller extends its thanks to the following
enterprises for hosting services:

onCloud/CyberWeb Enterprises (http://www.oncloud.io)
The Traveller Downport (http://www.downport.com)