Hacking ships Timothy Collinson (08 Apr 2024 04:14 UTC)
Re: [TML] Hacking ships Alex Goodwin (08 Apr 2024 05:19 UTC)
Re: [TML] Hacking ships Rupert Boleyn (08 Apr 2024 08:57 UTC)
Possible Judical action in Traveller Tom Rux (10 Apr 2024 00:06 UTC)
Re: [TML] Possible Judical action in Traveller Charles McKnight (10 Apr 2024 00:51 UTC)
Re: [TML] Possible Judical action in Traveller Tom Rux (10 Apr 2024 15:20 UTC)
Re: [TML] Possible Judical action in Traveller Jeff Zeitlin (17 Apr 2024 19:26 UTC)
Re: [TML] Possible Judical action in Traveller Tom Rux (17 Apr 2024 20:01 UTC)

On Tue, 9 Apr 2024 17:06:09 -0700 (PDT), Tom Rux wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I have read an interesting book about criminal justice. The book is titled The Ring by Piers Anthony & Robert E. Margroff copyright 1968.
>
>In the book people can be sentenced to wear a device that looks like a ring. If the person does not conform to being a good citizen following the rules the ring gives the person a shock of varying intensity. The ring also requires the wearer to inform the police of any illegal activity. Another effect is the person can not defend himself/herself from attack or other abuse.

I vaguely remember reading this more years ago than I care to admit, and
I'm thinking that it wasn't that the convict can't defend himself, but that
in doing so he can't use any "offensive" moves - for example, he can put up
his arms to block a punch, but he can't deflect it by swinging at the
attacker's arm.

®Traveller is a registered trademark of
Far Future Enterprises, 1977-2024. Use of
the trademark in this notice and in the
referenced materials is not intended to
infringe or devalue the trademark.

--
Jeff Zeitlin, Editor
Freelance Traveller

Freelance Traveller extends its thanks to the following
enterprises for hosting services:

onCloud/CyberWeb Enterprises (http://www.oncloud.io)
The Traveller Downport (http://www.downport.com)