Re: [TML]Pong George Herbert (15 Mar 2016 00:35 UTC)
Re: [TML]Pong Mark Urbin (15 Mar 2016 18:46 UTC)
Re: [TML]Pong Jeffrey Schwartz (15 Mar 2016 19:05 UTC)
Advanced Missile Concepts [WAS: Re: [TML]Pong] Greg Nokes (15 Mar 2016 19:57 UTC)
Re: Advanced Missile Concepts [WAS: Re: [TML]Pong] Bruce Johnson (15 Mar 2016 20:11 UTC)
Re: Advanced Missile Concepts [WAS: Re: [TML]Pong] Grimmund (16 Mar 2016 02:36 UTC)
Re: Advanced Missile Concepts [WAS: Re: [TML]Pong] Richard Aiken (25 Mar 2016 00:14 UTC)
Re: Advanced Missile Concepts [WAS: Re: [TML]Pong] Jeffrey Schwartz (15 Mar 2016 20:12 UTC)
Re: Advanced Missile Concepts [WAS: Re: [TML]Pong] Bruce Johnson (15 Mar 2016 20:31 UTC)
Re: Advanced Missile Concepts [WAS: Re: [TML]Pong] Richard Aiken (25 Mar 2016 00:20 UTC)
Re: Advanced Missile Concepts [WAS: Re: [TML]Pong] Jeffrey Schwartz (25 Mar 2016 13:21 UTC)
Re: Advanced Missile Concepts [WAS: Re: [TML]Pong] Ethan McKinney (24 Mar 2016 22:54 UTC)
Re: Advanced Missile Concepts [WAS: Re: [TML]Pong] Grimmund (25 Mar 2016 14:43 UTC)
Re: Advanced Missile Concepts [WAS: Re: [TML]Pong] Greg Nokes (25 Mar 2016 20:05 UTC)
Re: Advanced Missile Concepts [WAS: Re: [TML]Pong] Richard Aiken (26 Mar 2016 03:39 UTC)
Re: [TML]Pong Richard Aiken (16 Mar 2016 04:47 UTC)

Re: Advanced Missile Concepts [WAS: Re: [TML]Pong] Jeffrey Schwartz 15 Mar 2016 20:11 UTC

Let's say you have a  "broadside" of 100 missiles, and you have an
expectation of a 10% hit rate with normal missiles.

If the fancy missiles raise that to a 20% hit rate, you've (sort of)
added another ship to your side.

So long as the missiles are cheaper than some percentage of another
ship (and it's associated operating costs), you're ahead.

The Fancy Missiles also make a big difference in the effectiveness of
smaller ships. I'd suspect the proportional difference is even more
pronounced there.