System generator: Tech levels on Barren Moons Christopher Sean Hilton (06 Oct 2016 22:41 UTC)
(missing)
(missing)
Re: [TML] System generator: Tech levels on Barren Moons Ethan McKinney (06 Oct 2016 22:55 UTC)
Re: [TML] System generator: Tech levels on Barren Moons shadow@xxxxxx (07 Oct 2016 00:32 UTC)
Re: [TML] System generator: Tech levels on Barren Moons Richard Aiken (10 Oct 2016 06:00 UTC)
Re: [TML] System generator: Tech levels on Barren Moons shadow@xxxxxx (10 Oct 2016 18:42 UTC)
Re: [TML] System generator: Tech levels on Barren Moons Evyn MacDude (10 Oct 2016 06:19 UTC)

Re: [TML] System generator: Tech levels on Barren Moons shadow@xxxxxx 07 Oct 2016 00:31 UTC

On 6 Oct 2016 at 18:41, Christopher Sean Hilton wrote:

> I know that most people don't use an in-house setting. This is a "if
> you used an in-house sector..." question. The CT Book 6 rules state
> that the subordinate tech level should be the main world tech level
> minus one. My feeling is that this doesn't make that much sense for a
> world with pop 0, gov 0, law 0. I feel this way because I'm
> interpreting the tech level to be reflect what's locally available in
> the market and world with no population doesn't have a market.

Pop 0 doesn't necessarily mean no population. It could mean no
*permanent* population.

But yeah, it's probably a "we didn't think of that" situation.

Or it could be that the "tech llevel" is for some sort of automated
installations.

--
Leonard Erickson (aka shadow)
shadow at shadowgard dot com