Arms Trade In The 3I Kurt Feltenberger (28 Jul 2017 03:35 UTC)
Re: [TML] Arms Trade In The 3I C. Berry (28 Jul 2017 22:43 UTC)
Re: [TML] Arms Trade In The 3I tmr0195@xxxxxx (29 Jul 2017 03:24 UTC)
Re: [TML] Arms Trade In The 3I Bruce Johnson (31 Jul 2017 14:46 UTC)
Re: [TML] Arms Trade In The 3I C. Berry (31 Jul 2017 18:12 UTC)

Re: [TML] Arms Trade In The 3I Bruce Johnson 31 Jul 2017 14:46 UTC

> On Jul 28, 2017, at 8:22 PM, xxxxxx@comcast.net wrote:
>
> CT Book 3 p. 11 Law Level has restrictions on the types of weapons that are restricted
> Mongoose Traveller Core Rule Book p. 224 Law Level also has what weapons are restricted.

Well, afair, Law Level in all versions only references what weapons you may carry openly in day-to-day society; those restrictions are what is imposed on non-government actors to whatever extent those laws are actually enforced.

Arms trade may certainly continue even within those restrictions if the various import/export licenses can be granted/stolen/bribed for/forged, etc. (For an interesting take on this, go read the book “The Dogs of War” as the mercenary company arranged to deliver their weapons to the African state they’re headed for. The movie was not very useful, but Forsyth’s novel went into considerable detail. It is also an excellent despiction of a merceary ticket. Launder rinse and repeat to insert into your game :-)

Governmental and quasi-governmental (ie: the rebels control this region, and are happy to trade with you openly for weapons, even though LL may be very high elsewhere) trade can and will go on in spite of what Law Level states.

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona